Spanish Food Recipes
and Spanish Tapas Recipes
Spanish Food Recipes include Easy Spanish Recipes such as Spanish Rice and more Traditional Spanish Recipes such as Paella.
Spanish Tapas Recipes are the size of typical appetizers and are eaten as a snack or for dinner in Spain.
Easy Spanish Recipes include a delicious spicy rice dish along with a very famous raw soup.
Traditional Spanish Recipes include some of the most well known dishes of Spain as well as a very expensive spice called saffron.
The Spanish Diet
Spanish food has many cultural influences because of Spain's location and history with other cultures.
The Spanish diet is fairly simple and uses a lot of fresh ingredients. And next to the Japanese people, Spanish people probably consume the most fish and seafood.
Lunch is their largest meal of the day and dinner is much later - around 9:00 to 10:00 p.m. at night. Dinner is also much lighter and usually consist of tapas.
The Spanish people also enjoy a good amount of eggs which are typically made into an omelete. Cured ham such as chorizo seems to be a very popular food item.
They also enjoy eating chicken, red meats, bread, cheese, beans, rice, chocolate, fruits, a variety of vegetables, and love to wash it down with some great Spanish wine.
Tapas are considered a light snack and consist of an assortment of appetizer sized portions of food.
Common foods used to make tapas are olives, cheese, seafood, vegetables, and cured sausages.
Tapa is pronounced TAHpah and there are literally hundreds of different types of tapas.
Tapas are served on little plates and these mini meals can be served either hot or cold.
Spanish Tapas Recipes
- a somewhat raw seafood dish made from shrimp and other seafood that have been cooked by tasty acids instead of heat.
- one of the most common dishes served in Spain and is Spain's version of a tortilla.
Easy Spanish Recipes
Spanish Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Spanish peppers stuffed with a wonderful cheese like a Spanish cheese. Also find the more common stuffed bell pepper recipe.
- a cold and raw vegetable soup that is very popular in summer months. This soup is typically tomato based and uses a lot of fresh ingredients.
Traditional Spanish Recipes
Spanish Rice Recipes
- include Paella Recipes which is a very famous Spanish rice dish typically made with a variety of seafood, meats, vegetables, saffron, and paella rice.
Also, find an Arroz Con Pollo Recipe which is another one of the traditional Spanish food recipes made from chicken, rice, and vegetables.
Go to Ceviche Recipes
Return from Spanish Food Recipes to Healthy Foods