Avocado Health Benefits
and Avocado Nutrition Facts
Avocado health benefits include being loaded with "healthy" monounsaturated fats. See if you're aware of the many avocado nutrition facts and other avocado facts that surround this Ancient food.
Did you know that monounsaturated fat is associated with having good cholesterol levels and a healthy heart?
Also, the other avocado health benefits make it worth adding avocados to your diet on a more regular basis. Avocado health benefits include essential fatty acids, important vitamins, minerals, and being a low glycemic food which are all avocado nutrition facts.
Avocados for Good Cholesterol Levels
Most of avocado health benefits center around its healthy fat which is a monounsaturated fat - which is considered a "Good Fat". Avocados are a rich source of Oleic acid. Oleic acid is known to
lower your LDL or Bad Cholesterol and your Triglycerides - which are all
associated with heart disease.
Oleic acid can also raise your levels of HDL or Good Cholesterol Levels. Other foods that have similar avocado health benefits and are high in monounsaturated fats are my favorite macadamia nuts and of course - olive oil.
Today you will be able to find a bottle of avocado oil or macadamia nut oil to use in salad dressings or as a replacement for unhealthy oils typically used in making foods like mayonnaise.
Avocado Nutrition Facts
- Avocados are a rich source of Oleic acid which is an Omega 9 Fatty Acid
- A great source of Potassium and a good source of the Mineral Copper
- Good source of Vitamins K, B6, C, E, and Folate
- Only a Moderate Amount of Omega 6
- Avocados are considered Low Glycemic and Low in Fructose
- Avocados also have Important Antioxidants
- Some believe that Avocados are the "Most Nutritious Fruit" as it contains Amino acids, Healthy Fats, Vitamins, and Minerals
Other Avocado Health Benefits
- Helps Prevent Strokes
- Good for Your Eyes
- Helps Prevent Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer Defense
- Contains Antioxidant Glutathione
- Oral Cancer Defense
- Good for Your Figure
Interesting Avocado Facts
- One Tree can Produce up to 500 Fruits per Year
- Average Avocado Contains 25 Grams of Fat
- Avocados are a Fruit
- There are Hundreds of Varieties
- Alligator Pear is Another Name for Avocado
- Guacamole Originates from the Aztecs
If you live in Hawaii or California, finding a good avocado will be as easy as walking out into your back yard.
Avocados are a very versatile fruit and you can make a popular dip
called guacamole and many other dishes using an avocado as the base.
I've seen them used in smoothies, raw soups, and in salad dressings.
Basically anywhere you need a replacement for other fats, maybe consider
using an avocado for a change.
People even make desserts using avocados instead of using dairy
products because an avocado has a rich creamy texture. My favorite is
making a key lime pie using avocado as the base - yum!
Go to Lard Fat
Return to Healthy Fats
Save Time and Shop On-line