Chocolate Muffin Recipes and
A Savory Low Carb Muffin
Chocolate muffin recipes can be made with flours that are gluten and grain free.
You can also make your chocolate muffin recipes with healthy ingredients like zucchini and banana to add more texture to paleo friendly recipes.
Just because a recipe is low carb doesn't mean that you can't enjoy a great tasting muffin!
Give a savory low carb and keto friendly muffin a try the next time you want something different for breakfast.
Banana Chocolate Muffin Recipe
- 1 cup Organic Banana (mashed)
- 4 Lg. Pastured Eggs
- 2 tsp. Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/3 cup Organic Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pure Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Gluten & Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- Optional: 3 Tbsp. Organic Cacao Nibs or Mini Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, vanilla, syrup, banana, and coconut oil. Beat on low speed until well combined.
- In another bowl combine the flours, cocoa, salt, and leavening agents.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir until well combined. Lastly, stir in the cacao nibs or mini chips if you so desire.
- Fill your lined or greased muffin pan with equal amounts of batter to fill 12 muffin cups.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven set at 350 degrees F. for approx. 22 to 24 minutes.
Use a regular sized muffin pan for your chocolate muffin recipes.
Let muffins cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing from muffin pan.
Zucchini Chocolate Muffin Recipe
- 1 cup Shredded & Squeezed Zucchini (about 2 med. zucchini)
- 1 cup Unsalted Organic Almond Butter
- 2 Pastured Eggs
- 1/4 cup of Favorite Organic Milk
- 1 tsp. Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. of Pure Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Coconut Flour
- Optional: 1/4 cup of Organic Chocolate Chips
- Use the small holes on a box grater to shred your zucchini. Place shredded zucchini in the center of a clean dish towel and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Then add in the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Gently stir in the shredded zucchini.
- Fill your greased or lined muffin cups at least half way (makes 12 muffins) and top with 4 to 5 chocolate chips if you so desire.
- Bake your chocolate muffins for about 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven set at 350 degrees F.
There are so many alternative types of ingredients that you can use in your chocolate muffin recipes.
Play around with different types of gluten free flours and fresh ingredients to enhance your chocolate muffin recipes.
Savory Low Carb Muffin Recipe
- 1 cup Organic Unsalted Macadamia Nuts (raw or roasted)
- 5 Pastured Eggs
- 3/4 cup Organic Coconut Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Pure Baking Soda
- Zest of 1/2 an Organic Lemon
- 1 Tbsp. of Fresh Organic Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Organic Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 1 Frozen Organic Spinach or Kale (thawed)
- 3 Tbsp. Grated Organic Parmesan Cheese
- Add the macadamia nuts to a food processor and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until almost creamy.
- Then while the processor is running, add the eggs one at a time to incorporate with nuts.
- Turn the machine off and add in the coconut butter and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Turn the machine off again and add in the zest, lemon juice, and baking soda. Process for 10 to 15 more seconds.
- Transfer the batter to a large bowl and add in the feta cheese. And squeeze out as much liquid from the spinach or kale before adding to the batter. Stir to combine.
- Add the batter to a greased muffin pan and fill almost all the way up (makes 9 muffins). Top with about 1 tsp. of grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake muffins in a pre-heated oven set at 350 degrees F. for about 3o to 35 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before consuming.
Return to Gluten Free Breakfast Cereal