Chocolate Smoothie Recipes
and Opening a Coconut
Chocolate smoothie recipes can be made more nutritious when you learn an easier way of opening a coconut.
Learning how to open a coconut will enable you to use this super food in your chocolate smoothie recipes.
However, if you want a more primal chocolate smoothie, use raw whole milk from 100% grass fed cows.
If your keto or paleo you can use fresh mature coconut meat which can be turned into coconut milk or use the soft meat of young coconuts as the base for your chocolate smoothie recipes.
Opening a coconut can be a little intimidating with its hard shell, but learning how to open a coconut isn't as hard as most people think.
You can also buy coconut milk in a can or buy frozen young coconut meat at health food stores these days to make delicious smoothie recipes.
Chocolate Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1 to 2 Medium Organic Frozen Bananas
- A Few Large Ice Cubes
- 1 Cup Organic Raw Almond Milk, Organic Raw Coconut Milk, or 100% Grass Fed Raw Whole Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Organic Raw Honey
- 1 Tbsp. of Fermented Organic Cacao Nibs
- Blend your organic ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy. Pour into your favorite drinking glass and sip away.
If you want to cut down on oxalic acid, omit the almond milk. I would use coconut milk or my favorite raw grass fed whole milk.
You could increase the amount of protein in
this smoothie by adding a scoop of your favorite protein powder or a
couple of raw pastured eggs.
Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- Low Carb
- 6 oz. of Organic Raw Almond Milk, Organic Raw Coconut Milk, or 100% Grass Fed Raw Whole Milk
- 1 scoop of Chocolate Non-Denatured 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder (10 to 20 grams of protein)
- 1 cup of Organic Frozen Strawberries or 3/4 cup Fresh Organic Strawberries & A Few Ice Cubes
- 1 Tbsp. Organic Peanut Butter or 1 Tbsp. of 100% Grass Fed Raw Cream or 1 Tbsp. of Raw Coconut Cream
- Blend your organic ingredients in your favorite blender and drink!
*Whey protein comes with some amazing health benefits, but you need to
use a whey protein powder that has not been denatured or destroyed by
excessive heat or processing.
Paleo Chocolate Smoothie Recipes
- Flesh of Ripe Organic Avocado
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. of Fermented Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 cup of Organic Coconut Milk
- Spring Water & Ice Cubes
- Optional: Organic Raw Honey, Medjool Dates, Sprouted Organic Nuts, Macadamia Nut Butter
- Create your choice of organic ingredients and blend on high speed until a creamy texture is reached. Enjoy!
To make rich and nutritious chocolate smoothies - make your own raw coconut milk from mature organic coconuts that you buy at a grocery store.
But first, learn some techniques on how to crack open a coconut.
Opening a Coconut (Mature Coconut)
This is a great way of opening a coconut if you only have the basics like a knife and a hammer.
However, you will need to be focused at all times when opening a coconut using a sharp knife and a hammer.
Maybe use a protective glove to protect your hand and fingers.
You will also find a better tool for getting the mature coconut meat out of the hard coconut shell by doing a search on the internet.
About Young Coconuts
Young coconuts seem to be preferred for making smoothies by the vegan community.
Because the coconut water that comes from young coconuts is one of the highest sources of electrolytes.
Also, the meat of young coconuts is much softer than mature coconuts - more gelatinous.
Young coconuts will also probably blend more easily than the hard meat of a mature coconut.
However, young coconuts will be lower in calories and higher in carbohydrates than mature coconut meat and they will lack in healthy fats.
I actually prefer mature coconuts myself and believe that the meat from a mature coconut is much more nutritious than young coconuts.
You can make raw coconut cream or raw coconut milk with mature coconut meat which you can then use in your chocolate smoothie recipes.
Go to Green Smoothie Recipes
Return to Oneness Raw Diet Recipes