Coconut Milk Recipes
Coconut milk recipes can be used in your favorite puddings or desserts that call for a lower carb or non-dairy milk.
Fresh coconut milk will help to give you important saturated fats and MCTs which are needed for optimal cell functioning.
And you can learn how to make raw coconut milk from mature coconuts that you buy at a specialty grocery store.
However, be sure there is no mold growing on the coconut and that you hear water sloshing around when you shake the coconut.
Or you can take a short cut and make your coconut milk recipes from unsweetened shredded coconut that you can easily find at almost all grocery stores.
How to Prepare a Coconut
for Your Coconut Milk Recipes
Opening Coconut Instructions:
- Poke out the eyes of the mature coconut and drain the coconut water from the coconut.
- Crack coconut open and scoop out the coconut meat with an appropriate tool.
- Shave off discolored parts of the coconut and cut into smaller pieces.
Raw Coconut Milk Recipe
There are a few ways to make coconut milk recipes and this is one of my favorite ways - because I prefer raw foods.
- Coconut Meat from 1 Mature Coconut
- About 32 oz. of Spring Water
Coconut Milk Instructions:
- Add pieces of coconut meat and spring water to a Vitamix or other high speed blender.
- Start on low speed and then turn up to high speed. Blend until a thick mixture forms.
- Then pour into a nut
milk bag and squeeze bag (like your milking a goat) until all of the coconut
milk comes out of the nut milk bag.
- Enjoy raw coconut milk in a smoothie or use it in other ways.
Try the Oven Method
for Cracking Open a Coconut
- Use a sharp tool to poke thru the eyes of your coconut.
- And drain the coconut water into a bowl.
- Then place the coconut in a shallow pan.
- Put it in your
oven (350 to 375 Degrees F) for about 20 minutes or until you hear the
- Carefully remove the heated coconut from your oven.
- Give it a whack to crack the coconut open (be careful not to burn your fingers).
- When the coconut is cool, score the meat with an appropriately shaped sharp knife.
- Scoop coconut meat out with a spoon and remove any discolorations.
- The coconut meat is now ready for your coconut milk recipes.
Easy Coconut Milk Recipes
This is the short-cut method of which almost anyone could use to make quick coconut milk recipes.
- 2 cups of Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 to 3 cups of Hot Filtered Water
- Add ingredients to a blender and "carefully" blend for 30 seconds - then let sit to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a strainer lined with cheesecloth and let coconut milk drain into a bowl.
- Use right away or store in your refrigerator for a few days.
This easy method for coconut milk recipes can be used for your smoothies, coconut yogurts, and cooking needs.
And no cans!
Go to Eating Raw Meat
Return to Raw Food Health