Coconut Oil Uses
for Everyday Beauty
Coconut oil uses are very numerous and include being one of the best organic facial products.
And being a natural tanning lotion is another one of the many uses for coconut oil.
The Original Organic Sunscreen!
I was brought up in Hawaii and went to the beach a lot when I was young.
We used coconut oil on our skin instead of commercial sunscreens way back when things were simple.
I still remember the incredible smell and beautiful tans.
And unlike most sunscreens, coconut oil does not block the UV rays that are necessary for vitamin D synthesis on the skin.
Coconut oil also protects your skin from environmental exposure damage.
Just remember to gradually build up your solar callus to prevent sun burn. Coconut oil's SPF factor can be as high as 8.
Being an organic sunscreen is just one of the many coconut oil uses for everyday beauty routines.
Coconut Oil Uses for Natural Beauty
- Lip & Body Moisturizer
- Massage Oil
- Hair Conditioner
- Hair Gel
- Dandruff Treatment
- Shaving Cream
Coconut Oil Uses - Make-up Remover
One of my favorite cosmetic coconut oil uses is as a make-up remover.
I just scoop some oil out of the big jar it came in and transfer it into a smaller glass jar that I keep in my bathroom.
It works fast and at only a fraction of the cost of other make-up
removers. Plus minus all of the chemicals!
Coconut Oil Uses for Tooth Care
This technique is called oil pulling and some people swear by this as a way of building stronger teeth and building a stronger body.
- 2 tsp. of Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil
- Optional: 5 drops of an Essential Oil
- Place the plain coconut oil or coconut oil mixed with essential oils in your mouth.
- Swish oil in between your teeth for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Then spit out the oil into a cup or trash can.
- Rinse your mouth out with water and then brush your teeth.
- Do this routine for 2 weeks straight and then switch to maintenance of just 2 times a week.
Make Your Own Toothpaste and Save Money!
Lately, I've been making my own toothpaste with just a few ingredients.
I add a few tablespoons of Terramin clay with a little more coconut oil. Terramin clay is a betonite clay that comes with 57 macro, micro, and trace elements.
Then I add in 1 packet of organic powdered stevia for sweetness and about a teaspoon of pure baking soda.
My toothpaste recipe looks like melted chocolate and almost taste like a chocolate flavored toothpaste.
However, you can add in other ingredients like essential oils to help flavor your toothpaste.
Peppermint Oil Toothpaste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Xylitol (crush into a powder)
- 4 Tbsp. Bentonite Clay
- 2 Tbsp. of Melted Organic Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil
- 15 drops of Trace Mineral Drops
- 10 drops of Food Grade Peppermint Essential Oil
- Optional: 10 drops of Food Grade Tea Tree Oil (not for pregnant or breast feeding women)
- Optional: 10 drops of Food Grade Myrrh Oil (not for pregnant or breast feeding women)
- 2 Tbsp. of Filtered Water
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass bowl and use a stainless steel spoon or wooden spoon.
- Put your toothpaste in a glass jar and cap with a lid. Store in bathroom.
Coconut Oil Uses - Coconut Oil Scrub
You can even make a body scrub using coconut oil as the base and mixing it with an equal amount of organic cane sugar.
- 2 tsp. of Pure Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. of Organic Cold-Pressed Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Mix ingredients in a glass bowl until a paste forms.
- Rub into hands and apply to your clean face in scrubbing and circular motions for a few minutes.
- Be sure to rub gently around delicate eye area.
- Leave on your face for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then rinse off with warm water.
- Do this routine once or twice a week to be effective.
Use Coconut Oil as a Moisturizer
I also like to use this oil on my skin whenever my skin needs more moisture.
I rub coconut oil onto my face and I especially like to use it to moisturize my hands.
Using coconut oil or organic facial products on your skin is not only healthy for it, but helps to protect it from the elements.
Coconut oil is one of the most natural, inexpensive, and effective
Most facial products have too much water and refined
vegetable oils which can cause free radical damage to your skin.
facial products like organic extra virgin coconut oil have a natural
antioxidant called vitamin E, plus powerful medium chain fatty acids
known for their healing abilities
Coconut Oil can Stop Free Radical Damage!
Once free radical damage starts, it can cause a chain reaction which ultimately damages thousands of your molecules - Yikes!
Coconut oil has the ability to soften your skin and protect it from free radical damage.
You can get this protection from applying this oil to your skin
or by ingesting high quality extra virgin coconut oil internally.
By applying coconut oil to your skin, you can remove dead
skin cells to give skin that youthful appearance
Go to Coconut Health Benefits
Return to Coconut Diet