Cod Fish Recipes
and Greek Fish Recipes
Cod fish recipes include Greek fish recipes that are simple to make, but bursting with flavor.
A Greek fish soup recipe is traditionally made with black raisins.
Did you know that black raisins were actually considered a seasoning in Ancient Greece?
Cod is also used a lot in Greek fish recipes. And you can use salted
cod or fresh caught cod.
Just be sure to properly soak your salted cod
before using it in your recipes.
Because salted cod is already "cooked"
from the salt - it's treated a little differently in most recipes.
Cod Fish Recipes - Greek Fish Recipe
- 1.1 pounds of Fresh Wild Caught Cod (cut into portions)
- 2 medium Organic Red Onions (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Organic Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Organic Tomato Paste (diluted in 3/4 cup filtered water)
- 10 ounces of Filtered Water
- 1/2 cup Organic Black Raisins
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the onions and saute for a few minutes - stirring constantly.
- Then add in your diluted tomato paste - turn up the heat and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Then turn down the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes (with lid on).
- Next, stir in the raisins and simmer for 3 minutes to sweat raisins (with lid on).
- Next, add in 10 ounces of water and turn up the heat and bring to a boil again while stirring.
- Turn down the heat again to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes until the raisins plump up (with lid on).
- Next, add in the portions of fresh cod on top of sauce (do not crowd
fish) and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes with lid on (do not stir).
Cod Fish Recipes - Greek Baked Fish Plaki
- 3 to 4 Wild Caught Cod Fillets (520 grams or 1.1 lbs.)
- Sea Salt & Ground Pepper (to taste)
- Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Organic Tomato Sauce
- Bunch of Fresh Organic Parsley (chopped)
- 1 Lg Organic Ripe Tomato (cut in rounds)
- 1 Lg Organic Sweet Onion (cut in rounds)
- 1 Organic Clove Garlic (cut in rounds)
- Optional: Slices of Organic Kalamata Olives
- Oil the bottom of a baking dish and add the fish fillets.
- Brush the fillets with tomato sauce and flip fillets over - brush the other side.
- Next, layer on a couple of onion slices on top of the fillets. Add the garlic slices.
- Then season and layer with the sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with parsley and add the rest of the tomato sauce.
- Drizzle more olive oil on top and add sliced kalamata olives if you like.
- Bake at "fan" 356 degrees F or 331 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.
- If you like, turn up the heat during the last 10 minutes to create a flakier fish texture for your cod fish recipes.
How to Rehydrate Salted Cod
Place cod in a large bowl in your sink and fill the bowl with cool water (enough to cover the salted cod entirely).
In about 1 hour, dump the water and refill the bowl with more fresh cool water to cover the fish.
Repeat this process for the next 24 hours or longer.
Leaving the fish to soak for increasing amounts of time in the cool water.
Be sure to have changed the water at least 4 times in the 24 hour period.
Go to Greek Lemon Chicken Recipe
Return to Greek Foods