Buy me a Cup of Aloha
Detox Juicing and
How to Grow Wheatgrass
Detox juicing should include the health benefits of wheatgrass and the benefits of cilantro.
Both of these super green foods help to cleanse your body of unwanted toxins and heavy metals.
The health benefits of wheatgrass are incredibly numerous and it is a powerful way to
cleanse your body. And the benefits of cilantro are much more than just a
tasty culinary herb.
Learning how to grow wheatgrass for your detox juicing is pretty easy and will not only give you the health benefits of wheatgrass, but also help you to save some money.
Wheatgrass is a very potent green juice and should be consumed on an empty stomach - in small amounts.
Drinking 1 to 4 ounces is all you really need to get the health benefits of wheatgrass. Some people like to add wheatgrass to a sweeter juice like carrot juice to help it go down better.
The Health Benefits of Wheatgrass
- Reduces Blood Pressure
- Ability to Purify your Blood
- Increases Red Blood Count
- Gluten Free
- Contains many Phyto-chemicals
- Enhances SOD a Powerful Antioxidant
- Helps Combat Tumors
- High Chlorophyll Content
- Ability to Alkalize your Body
- Detoxifies Heavy Metals and Radiation
- Cleanses your Liver and Gastrointestinal Tract
- High amount of Vitamins and Minerals
How to Grow Wheatgrass
- Stay away from "regular" wheat berries. Grow hard red winter berries, kamut, spelt, or durum wheat berries.
- You can even try growing rye or barley grass for your detox juicing.
- Basically, you soak the grains for at least 12 hours before you begin to sprout them. Then sprout for a few days before adding them to a seed tray.
- The whole process takes about 9 to 10 days before you can make your wheatgrass juice.
Growing wheatgrass is a lot more cost effective, than buying wheatgrass at the store.
Cilantro Detox Juicing Recipe
- 1 Big Bunch of Organic Cilantro
- 3 to 5 Large Stalks of Organic Celery
- 1 Medium Organic Cucumber (no wax please)
- 2 Small Organic Carrots
- Make sure you buy organic and wash with clean water.
- Cut up carrots, celery, and cucumber to fit your juicer.
- Roll cilantro into wads before putting through your juicer.
- To make this juice sweeter, add another carrot.
The benefits of cilantro include being a culinary herb and is also known as coriander.
This powerful herb is known for its ability to bind to heavy metals and remove them from your tissues and organs. It is especially effective on the removal of mercury.
Health Benefits of Cilantro
- Strong Antioxidant Properties
- Anti-inflammatory Properties
- Powerful Cleansing and Chelation Agent
- Effective Heavy Metal Detoxifier
- Helps with Lowering Blood Sugar
- Helps with Menstrual Cramps
- Aids your Digestive Tract
- Help to Prevent Flatulence
- Helps Reduce Nausea
- Immune System Boosting Properties
- Helps Prevent Urinary Tract Infections
Return to Healthy Vegetable Juice Recipes
Return to Healthy Foods