Flax Seed Recipes
and Low Carb Crackers
These flax seed recipes are vegan raw crackers that you can easily make at home.
Flax seeds are very low in "net" carbs, so it's very easy to make a variety of low carb crackers using flax seeds.
And flax seeds make a great binder, so it's easy to make flax seed recipes with many types of low carb fruits and vegetables.
You can keep it real simple or be very creative! You can also just make the basic flax seed recipe or a more savory one.
Flax Seed Recipes
- Basic Low Carb Crackers
This is the most basic way to make a flax seed cracker recipe.
- Just soak your ground or whole flax seeds in water (at least 45 minutes).
- Optional - add your favorite seasoning.
- Dehydrate until crispy in a dehydrator or in your oven set at the lowest temperature.
You can make a savory low carb cracker with an Italian or Mexican seasoning that you create for this recipe.
Low Carb Crackers
- 16 ounces Radish (wet chopped)
- 2 cups Celery (wet chopped)
- 1 Large Sweet Onion (wet chopped)
- 1/2 cup of Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 cup of Filtered Water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. of Seasoning
- You could also let your mixture sit for an hour or so before dehydrating to activate the gelatinous properties of the flax seeds.
- Then dehydrate until crispy in your dehydrator.
More Raw Flax Seed Recipes
- 1 cup of Whole Flax Seeds
- 1 cup of Baby Tomatoes
- Handful of Fresh Cilantro or Basil
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper
- 1 large Garlic Clove
- A Few Shakes of Red Chili Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. of Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Grind whole flax seeds into a meal and set aside.
- Blend other ingredients together until soupy.
- Add soupy mixture to flax meal and stir until well combined - let sit for an hour or so.
- Then spread mixture onto parchment paper or teflex sheets and score.
- Then place on your dehydrator mesh tray and put into dehydrator.
- Dehydrate at 145 degrees F for 1 hour and then lower to 110 degrees F.
- Dehydrate for 6 hours and then flip (remove parchment paper or teflex sheet).
- Continue dehydrating flax crackers until crispy. Store in an airtight container.
There is no end to how many different types of crackers you could create.
Try using different vegetables and fruits to create a different taste sensation every time.
Also, adding spices and herbs will help to add more depth of flavor to your flax seed recipes.
Return to Raw Vegan Diet
Return to Healthy Foods