Gazpacho recipes are usually a chilled tomato-based soup that you can literally whip up in a few minutes.
However, there are many variations of this chilled soup that you can make.
Although, fresh produce will always be a key ingredient in gazpacho recipes.
A white gazpacho is a tasty alternative to a tomato-based gazpacho
and this type of gazpacho does not use tomatoes as its base.
Instead, cucumbers are used in a white gazpacho and almonds are another common ingredient found in a white gazpacho.
A tomato-based or a cucumber-based gazpacho can both be refreshing to eat
in the summer months - or whenever you have really fresh produce.
- Breadless Gazpacho
This breadless gazpacho recipe can be for people that want more of a raw food gazpacho or are following a low carb diet.
- 1 pound of Organic Ripe Vine-Ripened Tomatoes (diced)
- 1/3 Organic Red Bell Pepper (seeded & diced)
- 1/4 Organic Yellow Onion (sliced)
- 1/2 Organic Cucumber (peel, seed, & chop)
- 1 Organic Minced Garlic Clove
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/8 cup Cold-Pressed Spanish Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Few Dashes of Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Garnish: Fresh Organic Mint Leaves
- Blend organic ingredients in a food processor, Vitamix, or use a hand blender to create a soup-like mixture.
- Then strain the gazpacho soup to remove skin and seeds which creates a more silky gazpacho recipe.
- Pour into individual bowls and chill before serving - topped with fresh mint leaves. Recipe makes 2 servings.
You can also change up any of the ingredients depending on what's available or in season.
Don't be afraid to experiment with other food options like adding some protein on top of your gazpacho.
Or adding some hot peppers to spice up your gazpacho recipes.
You can also flavor your gazpacho with many different types of spices and herbs.
- White Gazpacho
- 6 inch Organic French Bread (crustless)
- 1 1/2 cups of Organic Vegetable Stock
- 2 Hot House Cucumbers (peeled & seeded)
- 1/2 Organic Sweet Onion (chopped)
- 6 Finely Minced Organic Garlic Cloves
- 3 Whites of Organic Green Onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of Blanched Organic Almonds
- Juice of 1 Organic Lemon
- 1/3 cup Organic White Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Organic Spanish Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 oz. Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup Organic Heavy Cream (not ultra-pasteurized)
- White Pepper & Sea Salt (to taste)
- Garnish: Chopped Organic Avocado
- Soak french bread in the vegetable stock until it absorbs liquid. Then squeeze out most of the stock before adding the bread to your food processor.
- Add in the cucumber, sweet onion, whites of green onions, garlic, and blanched almonds - pulse for a few times to finely chop up the ingredients.
- Then add lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, extra vegetable stock, seasoning, and heavy cream to the food processor - blend until a creamy texture.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving in individual bowls topped with garnish.
If you are going to use bread, it is best to use a 2 to 3 day old bread. And you can use any type of bread in your gazpacho.
However, an organic sourdough french bread may be the traditional choice for making this type of gazpacho soup.
You can even omit the bread and add in some yogurt instead - which would help to add more protein and probiotics to your white gazpacho.
Return to Spanish Food Recipes
Return to Healthy Foods