Gluten Intolerance Symptoms
Resemble Celiac Disease Symptoms
Gluten intolerance symptoms occur whenever you consume grains or foods that contain gluten.
Surprisingly, these symptoms can resemble Celiac disease symptoms.
However, gluten Intolerance symptoms will usually precede Celiac disease
symptoms which will be the more serious of the two health problems.
Both will require some form of Celiac disease treatment
And an effective Celiac disease treatment will be diagnosing that you are
indeed gluten intolerant and then looking into adopting a gluten free
Which will mean understanding all of the foods and drinks that may contain gluten. And it will almost always involve learning how to heal your gut.
Are You Gluten Intolerant?
Basically, you are gluten intolerant when you have a difficult time digesting grains that contain gluten.
Gluten is composed of inflammatory proteins called glutenin and gliadin. And this type of gluten will be found in wheat, rye, and in barley.
Gluten Intolerance Symptoms
- Bloating & Gas
- Casein Intolerance
- Fat in the Stools
- Tingling and Numbness
- Bad Dental Health
- Weight Loss or Gain
- Aching Joints
- Skin Rashes & Itchy Skin
- Irregular Menstrual Cycles
- Slow Child Growth
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Fatigue & Irritability
Celiac Disease Symptoms
Celiac disease symptoms are very similar to the symptoms of gluten intolerance.
It's just a more serious form of being gluten intolerant and when gluten
is consumed it will actually trigger your body's immune system to
Celiac disease is caused by the inflammatory interaction of gliadin which is a gluten protein found in wheat, rye, and barley.
- This inflammation flattens the lining of the small
intestine and impedes your small intestine's ability to absorb nutrients
from your food.
- This will eventually create a lot of nutritional deficiencies which will lead to other health problems.
Celiac disease can run in families and is more common then most people think.
If left untreated, Celiac disease could result in more serious health complications like Type 1 Diabetes.
And the only way to effectively deal with Celiac disease symptoms is a strict gluten free diet.
Celiac Disease Treatment
Here are some Important Guidelines:
- Avoid all foods derived from wheat, barley, rye, and contaminated oats
- Avoid beer & moldy foods
- Avoid processed foods
- Check supplements and medications for gluten
- Avoid hidden gluten in all products
- Have a doctor check you for vitamin and mineral deficiencies, so you can correct them
- Take a really good probiotic (or eat fermented foods). And drink bone broths to help build back your gut.
- Switch to organic foods and grass fed meats
- Avoid most dairy products for a while especially factory farmed and pasteurized dairy
Go to Allergic to Wheat
Return to Gluten Free Foods