Greek Salad Recipes and
A Greek Salad Dressing Recipe
Greek salad recipes are basically freshly cut cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, Greek olives, and Greek feta cheese.
You would make a Greek salad dressing recipe to go along with your Greek salad using Greek olive oil, Greek oregano, and fresh lemon juice or some type of vinegar.
Greek salad recipes can also include Greek pasta salad recipes. And you can be very creative when making Greek pasta salads.
Experiment with different types of pasta such as quinoa elbow pasta, spelt pasta shells, or use the more tradition orzo pasta when making your pasta salad recipes.
And you can play around with the types of olives you choose to use in your Greek salad recipes, but I recommend using Kalamata olives which are naturally cured olives.
Or give Throubes a try which are wrinkled black olives that are ripened on the tree - if you can find them.
Greek Salad Recipes
- Traditional Greek Salad
- 1 Large Organic Cucumber (slightly peeled, seeded, & cubed)
- 4 Large Organic Roma Tomatoes (cubed)
- 1 Medium Organic Red Onion (sliced)
- *For Sweeter Onions (soak in ice water for 15 minutes & then drain water)
- 1/4 Cup of Fresh Italian Flat Leaf Parsley (rough chopped)
- 4 oz. of Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 Cup Kalamata Olives (pitted & rough chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 Organic Lemon
- 1 tsp. Greek Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. of Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, parsley, olives, and feta cheese into a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and fresh lemon juice. Add the oregano and black pepper - toss everything together.
This is a basic Greek salad recipe that you can make any time that you are craving a salad, but are tired of the same old lettuce salad.
Greek Salad Dressing Recipe
- 3/4 cup of Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Organic Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Dried Organic Oregano
- 2 tsp. Dried Organic Basil
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt or To Taste
- 1 1/2 tsp. Organic Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Homemade Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup of Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- Put the ingredients into a bowl and whisk.
- Then add 1 cup of red wine vinegar and whisk to combine. Or put everything into a capped jar and shake.
This is a great Greek salad dressing to have for a big party!
Greek Salad Recipes
- Greek Pasta Salad
- 450 Grams or Box of Orzo Pasta
- 1 Organic Carrot
- 1 Organic Onion (skin removed)
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Organic Tomato
- 120 Grams of Greek Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 1/2 Cup Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Green Pimento Olives or Kalamata Olives (pitted)
- 2 tsp. Dried Greek Oregano
- Sea Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Salt boiling water and add the orzo - stir and then let cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Shred a carrot and add it to a large bowl. Then quarter the onion and seed the bell pepper.
- Then add the onion and bell pepper to a food processor and blend to create a thick sauce - then add sauce to the bowl with the carrots.
- When cooked, pour the pasta in a colander and let it sit to completely drain.
- Dice the tomatoes and add them to the bowl. Next, add in the oregano, salt, pepper, crumbled feta, olives, and the cooked orzo - gently stir.
- Finally, add in the balsamic vinegar and olive oil - stir again. Cover and put pasta salad in the refrigerator overnight to marry the flavors.
Orzo is a pasta shaped like a large grain of rice. And orzo pasta can be made from semolina flour.
Semolina flour is yellow in color and is made from the endosperm of Durum wheat. And semolina contains a lot of nutrients.
Durum wheat is more of a traditional grain that originates from Emmer wheat which was one of the main grains of Egypt.
Go to Cod Fish Recipes
Return to Greek Foods