Buy me a Cup of Aloha
Steak Tartare Recipes
Steak tartare recipes are a great way to learn how to eat raw meat. Just be sure that it's 100% grass fed raw meat!
Steak tartare recipes usually combine minced raw meat with capers, gherkins, shallots, mustard, olive oil, and a raw egg yolk.
However, these ingredients can all be optional.
Tartare is a dish that you usually find at French restaurants. And tartare can be made with many tender cuts of grass fed meats.
And although this dish is heavily associated with French cuisine, it may
have actually come from a nomadic Asian tribe.
Which is why I'm including an Asian version of this raw meat dish - to honor my Korean Ancestors.
Learning how to properly prepare a steak tartare recipe will involve
learning how to properly cut your meat.
Once you get that part down,
the rest is relatively easy.
A Steak Tartare Recipe
- The Basics
- Finely Chopped Raw Knuckle Meat, Filet Mignon, or other Tender Cut of Meat (100% Grass Fed Meat)
- Fresh Organic Chives
- Chopped Organic Jalapeno (seeded)
- Organic Hot Sauce
- Organic Capers
- Fresh Organic Lemon Juice
- Cold-Pressed Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Organic Herbs
- Homemade Dijon or French Mustard
- French Organic Gerkins
- Raw Pastured Egg Yolks
- Chopped Organic Shallots
- Organic Truffle Oil
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Cut against the grain of your choice of tender raw meat.
- Then cut meat into julienne strips and then into cubes.
- Finally, pick some optional ingredients to mix into your steak tartare recipe.
You can use any type of tender grass fed meat to make a steak tartare.
However, don't limit yourself to just grass fed beef - try grass fed lamb or grass fed bison.
Bison Steak Tartare Recipe
Even though bison differs in taste from other grass fed meats, it can be
a nice change for those that prefer a more "wild" red meat.
- 2 oz. Finely Cubed Bison Tenderloin
- 1 tsp. Diced Organic Capers
- 1 tsp. Diced Organic Gerkins
- 1 tsp. Organic Grainy Mustard
- Chopped Organic Herbs (Thyme, Parsley, Rosemary, and Oregano)
- Pinch Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. of Cold-Pressed Organic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Drop of Organic Truffle Oil
- 1 Small Organic Diced Shallot
- Garnish: Fresh Organic Micro Greens
- Mix ingredients and then plate the bison tartare in a chilled Martini glass - topped with micro greens.
Grass fed meats in general are a much leaner type of red meat than grain fed red meats. Grass fed meats are also higher in many nutrients.
French Steak Tartare Recipe - for Two
- 9 oz. of Finely Minced 100% Grass Fed Filet Mignon
- Dash or Two of Cold-Pressed Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
Tartare Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 to 4 Chopped French Cornichons or Gherkins
- Chopped Organic Capers (1/2 tsp. per Gherkin)
- 1 Raw Pastured Egg Yolk
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. of French Dijon Mustard
- 2 Diced Organic Shallots
- Add tartare sauce ingredients to a bowl.
- Then add in your minced raw meat.
- Mix ingredients together and add a dash or two of olive oil.
- Then season to taste.
- Put steak tartare into ring molds on plates and add freshly baked french fries.
- Remove ring molds before serving.
This is such a romantic way of eating steak tartare.
Be sure to use the best quality ingredients and use French mustard because it does make this dish taste a lot better.
Korean Steak Tartare Recipe
- for Two or More
- 8 oz. of Fresh and Boneless 100% Grass Fed Lean Chuck Steak (sliced into thin matchsticks)
- 1 Raw Pastured Egg Yolk per Person
Korean Sauce Ingredients:
- 6 to 7 Minced Organic Garlic Cloves or (to taste)
- 1/2 a Chopped Organic Green Onion
- 1 Tbsp. Traditional Soy Sauce or a Low-Sodium Traditional Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Organic Raw Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Cold-Pressed Organic Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. of Toasted Organic Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 an Organic Korean Pear (cut into matchsticks)
- Frisee Organic Lettuce Leaves
- 7 to 8 Toasted Organic Pine Nuts
You can soak the pear matchsticks in sweetened water for 10 minutes.
2 cups cold water with 1 Tbsp. of honey or sugar - or not.
If you do, be sure to drain well and pat dry.
- Mix Korean sauce ingredients together.
- Add in your thin matchsticks of raw chuck beef.
- Marinate for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile plate the matchstick pears and frisee lettuce leaves.
- Add the marinated meat to the center of your garnish and top with pine nuts.
- Create a side of raw egg yolk in a tiny bowl for each serving.
Make it Look Good!
Adding your steak tartare to a beautiful glass is a nice touch - especially if you're eliminating any side dishes.
Using a ring mold to shape your steak tartare will give it a very polished and professional look - which can only add to the enjoyment of this raw meat dish.
And using fresh produce or freshly baked french fries can also make a steak tartare look a lot more appetizing.
These are just some of the fun ideas to get you excited about making steak tartare recipes.
Go to Ethiopian Kitfo Recipes
Return to Oneness Raw Diet Recipes