and How to Make Tiramisu
Tiramisu recipes are based on a traditional Italian dessert that's found at
Italian restaurants or eateries.
And there are many variations to this classical dessert.
However, first learn to make tiramisu the traditional way and then go on to make a gluten free or paleo tiramisu.
You can also create individual servings or make double layered tiramisu recipes.
A good quality mascarpone cheese is one of the key ingredients and makes great tasting tiramisu recipes.
Mascarpone cheese is a very rich Italian cow's milk "cream cheese". It
is a double to triple-cream cheese that has a pretty high fat content.
How to Make Tiramisu - Traditional Recipe
- 250 grams (little over 1 cup) Organic Mascarpone Cheese
- 250 ml (little over 1 cup) Organic Double Cream (48% milk fat content)
- 1 Pastured Egg Yolk
- 2 Tbsp. Fine Organic Sugar
- Seeds of 1/2 Vanilla Pod
- 180 ml (6 oz.) of Espresso Coffee
- 2 Tbsp. Kahlua Coffee Liquer
- 12 Organic Lady Fingers
- Organic Cocao Powder for Dusting
- In a bowl, combine the coffee and Kahlua - set aside.
- In another bowl, gently whisk the mascarpone, heavy cream, egg yolk, sugar, and vanilla seeds together until well combined - set aside.
- Dip the lady fingers into the coffee mixture and line an appropriately sized dish with soaked lady fingers..
- Pour the creamy mixture over the soaked lady fingers and spread evenly. Dust with cocoa powder.
- Eat right away or leave in refrigerator overnight.
You can create a second layer with the soaked lady fingers and custard mixture if you desire.
Or replace ingredients in your tiramisu recipes - swap the espresso for decaffeinated coffee.
As you can see making tiramisu isn't that complicated. You can include what you like in this dessert and remove what you
How to Make Tiramisu - Gluten Free Recipe
Ingredients & Instructions:
- 3 large Pastured or Organic Egg Yolks
- 4 Tbsp. Organic Coconut Sugar
- 8 oz. Grass Fed Mascarpone Cheese
Beat egg yolks with coconut sugar then mix in mascarpone cheese. When well combined set mixture in the refrigerator to cool.
Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks and fold into cool mascarpone mixture.
- 1 1/4 cup Organic Espresso
- Gluten Free Lady Fingers
Soak the lady fingers in coffee (10 seconds each side) and arrange them in an appropriately sized ceramic dish.
Cover lady fingers with 1/2 of mascarpone mixture. Then create another layer with soaked lady fingers and mascarpone.
- Unsweetened Organic Cocoa Powder
- Dark Chocolate Shavings or Raw Cacao Nibs
Dust top layer with cocoa powder and sprinkle dark chocolate shavings or raw cacao nibs. Let set in refrigerator overnight.
How to Make Tiramisu
- Gluten Free and Grain Free Tiramisu Recipe
- Make a coffee syrup with 50 grams (little over 1/8 cup) of hot water, 1 tbsp. of raw honey, and 2 tbsp. of instant gluten free coffee - stir well.
- Soak with the coffee syrup - 6 gluten free almond cookies dipped in chocolate or 6 Paleo shortbread cookies.
- Whip 100 grams (under 1/2 cup) of heavy cream and 1 tbsp. of raw honey to make a whipped cream.
- Fold 100 grams (under 1/2 cup) of mascarpone cheese into whipped cream mixture.
- Layer into individual serving glasses starting with the mascarpone whipped cream mixture and do three layers.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight. Dust with unsweetened cocoa powder before serving.
You could make this tiramisu recipe more Paleo by using a whipped coconut cream instead of the heavy cream.
You could also make your tiramisu more raw by using raw heavy cream and raw mascarpone cheese.
Return to Italian Food Recipes
Return to Healthy Foods