Vegan Salad Recipes
and Cucumber Salad Recipes
Vegan salad recipes can be refreshing cucumber salad recipes or a spicy arugula salad recipe.
Whichever one you decide on, vegan salad recipes can come alive with the right vegan salad dressing recipe.
In fact, the right vegan salad dressing recipe can either make or break your vegan salad, so learn
how to create a fabulous dressing. And choosing great oils and herbs can
make quite a difference when it comes to your health.
Cucumber salad recipes can be a "cool" change in the way that you
have a salad and an arugula salad recipe can actually spice up your love life with its powerful aphrodisiac properties!
My Mom's Cucumber Vegan Salad Recipe
- 2 Unwaxed Cucumbers (any variety)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Unrefined Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Unrefined Vegetable Oil (example: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, or more Sesame Oil)
- 1 Teaspoon of Sugar (example: Raw Coconut Nectar)
- 5 Tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Peel about 1/2 of the skin from your cucumbers and then slice cucumbers.
- Salt your cucumbers with approx. 1 tbsp. of sea salt and let sit for approx. 10 minutes in a colander.
- Then rinse the salt off your cucumbers and put into a ceramic or glass bowl.
- Mix the rest of your ingredients in a small bowl with a spoon or whisk.
- Pour over your sliced cucumbers and then marinate for a couple of hours in your refrigerator before serving.
Vegan Salad Dressing Recipes
There are so many vegan salad dressing recipes that you could learn to make for your vegan salad recipes.
Just keep in mind that you need some sort of fat or oil mixed with some sort of acid like a vinegar or citrus fruit to start.
Then you can add in some herbs along with the right spices for your vegan salad recipes.
Ideas for Your Vegan Salad Recipes
- Different Types of Fruit
- Avocado Oil
- Flax Seed Oil
- Greek Olive Oil
- Italian Olive Oil
- Coconut Milk
- Champagne Vinegar
- Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Different Types of Lettuce
- Fresh Lemon
- Lime Juice
- Fresh or Dried Herbs
- Raw or Roasted Garlic
- Tahini & Various Nuts
- Raw Coconut Nectar
- Different Types of Mustard & Sea Salt
Simple Arugula Salad Recipe
- 4 cups of Baby Arugula Leaves (rinsed & dried)
- 1/4 cup of Organic Dried Fruit
- 1/4 cup of Pine Nuts
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 3 to 1 ratio of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1/2 cup) to Aged Balsamic Vinegar (almost 3 tbsp.)
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add rinsed & dried arugula, dried fruit, and pine nuts to a wooden salad bowl.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and pepper to a glass jar.
- Tightly cap glass jar and shake until well blended.
- Uncap jar and pour dressing all over your salad.
- Toss your salad until arugula leaves, dried fruit, and pine nuts are well coated.
- Your salad is now ready to be served and enjoyed!
What is Arugula?
Arugula is a spicy peppery salad green. A couple of other names this leafy herb goes by is Rocket or Roquette.
Younger arugula is called baby arugula. The leaves of baby arugula are more tender and have a less bitter taste than mature arugula.
Arugula has a good amount of B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin K, beta-carotene, magnesium, iron, calcium, zinc, and potassium.
This dark leafy green has been enjoyed since Ancient Roman times and was known for its aphrodisiac like qualities back then.
And you can mix arugula with other less spicy greens for milder salad recipes.
Go to Asian Food Recipes
Return to Vegan Food Pyramid
Return to Healthy Foods
Save Time and Shop On-line