Thai Vegan Soup Recipes
and A Vegan Lentil Soup
Thai vegan soup recipes can be delicious and easy to make once you acquire the magical ingredients that go into these vegan soup recipes.
And an Indian inspired vegan lentil soup can be made using your favorite color of lentil.
There are red, yellow, green, brown, and even black lentils that you could choose from to make your lentil vegan soups.
Lentils are a legume that have a decent amount of protein in them and have the second highest ratio of protein per calorie after soybeans.
A vegan soup recipe can also include comfort foods like a Thai Tom Kha soup or a cream of mushroom soup accompanied by properly prepared quinoa which is also high in protein.
Thai Tom Kha Vegan Soup Recipe
Thai Tom Kha Soup Base Ingredients:
- 14 oz. of Coconut Milk
- 2 cups of Water
- 6 slices of Galangal Root
- 1 stalk of chopped Lemongrass
- Kaffir Lime Leaves or Lime Rind
- Thai Red Chillies to taste
- Simmer ingredients for at least 15 minutes to infuse these flavors into the coconut milk.
- This is how you make a Thai vegan soup recipe that tastes really great!
- Sea Salt to taste
- Real Soy Sauce to taste
- Grated Palm Sugar to taste
- Next add in these ingredients to add extra flavor to your soup base.
- When your satisfied with the flavor of your soup base, move on to the next step.
- 1 cubed Tomato
- 5 to 6 sliced Mushrooms
- 5 small Baby Corns
- 10 pieces Bamboo Shoots
- 5 pieces Straw Mushrooms
- Optional: 1/4 Block of cubed Extra Firm Tofu
- Thai Basil Leaves
- Now add in your protein and vegetables. Then cook soup for a few more minutes.
- Squeeze of Lime Juice
- 1 stalk chopped Green Onions
- Add in last ingredients and then garnish with Cilantro and Basil Leaves.
Vegan Dhal Lentil Soup Recipe
- 9 oz. of Split Lentils
- 8 1/2 cups of Water
- 1 tsp. of Turmeric Powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Simmer for 1 hour and then mash lentils. Add a little more water to thin.
- 3 tbsp. of Healthy Oil
- 1 tsp. of Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp. Cumin Seeds
- 3 to 4 Cloves
- 1 piece Cassia (cinnamon)
- 4 Dried Chilli Peppers
- 8 to 10 Curry Leaves
- Cook seasonings in a healthy oil for a minute or two and then add in the cooked lentils.
- 1 tsp. Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- Pinch Turmeric and Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Jaggery (sweetener)
- 2 tsp. Tamarind Paste or Lime Juice
- Add these flavors at the end to add a sweet and sour taste sensation to the Dhal or vegan lentil soup.
Tips for Soaking Lentils
For every cup of lentils, soak in water to cover with 1 tablespoon of an acid like raw apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice.
Cover with a towel and let sit for at least 7 hours and up to 12 hours on your kitchen counter.
Then drain soaking water and rinse lentils before using them in your vegan lentil soup recipes.
Or you could sprout your lentils (just like you would any seed or grain) to increase the nutrition of your lentils.
Or you can just buy lentils that have already been soaked and sprouted at your health food store for your vegan lentil soups.
Lentils are a great source of copper, iron, zinc, B vitamins, and protein.
lentils will require soaking prior to cooking in order to release
anti-nutrients that could get in the way of absorption of these
Some say that split and hulled lentils do not require soaking prior to cooking in vegan soups??
Cream of Mushroom Vegan Soup Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups of Homemade Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp. of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp. of Good Quality Olive Oil or Expeller-pressed Coconut Oil
- 1 cup of chopped White Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of finely diced White Onions
- 3 tbsp. of Gluten Free Flour
- Sea Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Pinch of Rosemary, Garlic Salt, and Oregano
- Poultry Seasoning to taste
- Optional: 3 tbsp. Chopped Fresh Parsley
Vegan Soup Recipe Instructions:
- Combine coconut milk with fresh lemon juice.
- Saute mushrooms and onions in oil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add gluten free flour and stir into cooked vegetables.
- Then add coconut milk with lemon juice and stir.
- Add in your seasonings and simmer while stirring until soup thickens a little.
Stir in chopped parsley if desired and serve with a bowl of quinoa to make this vegan soup recipe more like a meal.
Quinoa can help to add more protein to your vegan meals.
Tips for Soaking Quinoa
Phytic acid binds to important minerals such as calcium, zinc,
magnesium, and iron.
Phytic acid can contribute to mineral deficiencies
because the minerals become insoluble.
- Soaking your quinoa for 8 hours or overnight will help to eliminate phytic acid.
- After soaking, place quinoa in a strainer and rinse thoroughly with clean water before cooking.
- And quinoa cooks in about 10 to 15 minutes.
Quinoa is higher in protein than rice or most other grains.
Quinoa is a complete protein source because it has all of the essential amino acids which is needed by the human body.
Go to Blueberry Pancake Recipes
Return to Vegan Food Pyramid