Cream of mushroom soup recipes can be delicious and much healthier when you make this soup at home.
You can consume this comfort food as is or use it with other recipes.
My mother used cream of mushroom soup (the condensed version) to add a creamy and delicious sauce to her pork chop dinners.
And it was delicious! However, there are questionable ingredients in most canned goods.
- 1 1/4 cups of Homemade Coconut Milk or Canned Version
- 1 tbsp. of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp. of Good Quality Olive Oil or Expeller-Pressed Coconut Oil
- 1 cup of Chopped White Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of Finely Diced White Onions
- 3 tbsp. of Gluten Free Flour
- Sea Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- Pinch of Rosemary, Garlic Salt, and Oregano
- Poultry Seasoning to Taste
- Optional: 3 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Basil
- Combine coconut milk with fresh lemon juice.
- Saute mushrooms and onions in oil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add gluten free flour and stir into cooked vegetables.
- Then add coconut milk with lemon juice and stir.
- Add in your seasonings and simmer while stirring until soup thickens a little.
- Remove from heat. Serve in bowls garnished with fresh basil.
There are many other variations that you could create when you make homemade cream of mushroom soup recipes.
And you can use your cream of mushroom soup in casseroles, in pasta dishes, and to make gravy.