Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipes
Cream of mushroom soup recipes can be delicious and much healthier when you make this soup at home.
You can consume this comfort food as is or use it with other recipes.
My mother used cream of mushroom soup (the condensed version) to add a creamy and delicious sauce to her pork chop dinners.
And it was delicious! However, there are questionable ingredients in most canned goods.
Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipes
- 4 Tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp. of Organic Pastured Butter
- 2 Pounds of Organic Cremini or Button Mushrooms (cleaned and roughly chopped)
- Small Handful of Organic Shiitake Mushrooms (chopped)
- 3/4 Cup of Organic Shallots (minced)
- 3 Cloves of Organic Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. of Sea Salt or To Taste
- 3/4 tsp. of Organic Dried Tarragon
- 4 Cups of Homemade or Organic Chicken or Beef Stock
- 1/2 Cup of Organic Pastured Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp. of Ground Pepper (preferably white pepper which is lower in oxalates)
- Heat the olive oil on medium high heat in a 5 to 6 quart thick-bottomed pot. When the oil is hot enough, swirl in the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add in the mushrooms, stir to coat the mushrooms with olive oil and butter.
- Cook the mushrooms on medium high heat until they are lightly browned and have released most of their water - about 10 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup of cooked mushrooms and set aside for later.
- Reduce the heat in pan to medium. Then add the minced shallots and garlic to the pot. Stir to combine and cook for about a minute.
- Add the salt, dried tarragon, and the stock to the pot. Increase the heat to medium high and bring to a simmer.
- Cook uncovered for about 10 minutes. Then remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender or working in batches with a standing blender - puree the soup until smooth (then return to the pot).
- If the soup is too thick for you, add some water or more stock to thin the soup.
- Whisk the cream into the soup and add in the pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Lastly, stir in the set aside cooked mushrooms. Then serve this cream of mushroom soup recipe in bowls. Makes 6 servings
Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
with Coconut Milk
- 1 1/4 cups of Homemade Coconut Milk or Canned Version
- 1 tbsp. of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp. of Good Quality Olive Oil or Expeller-Pressed Coconut Oil
- 1 cup of Chopped White Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of Finely Diced White Onions
- 3 tbsp. of Gluten Free Flour
- Sea Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- Pinch of Rosemary, Garlic Salt, and Oregano
- Poultry Seasoning to Taste
- Optional: 3 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Basil
- Combine coconut milk with fresh lemon juice.
- Saute mushrooms and onions in oil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add gluten free flour and stir into cooked vegetables.
- Then add coconut milk with lemon juice and stir.
- Add in your seasonings and simmer while stirring until soup thickens a little.
- Remove from heat. Serve in bowls garnished with fresh basil. Makes 2 to 3 servings
There are many other variations that you could create when you make homemade cream of mushroom soup recipes.
And you can use your cream of mushroom soup in casseroles, in pasta dishes, and to make gravy.
Return to Gluten Free Food List
Return to Healthy Foods