Buy me a Cup of Aloha
Easy Oyster Recipes
and How to Eat Raw Oysters
Looking for easy oyster recipes for one of the healthiest foods on the planet?
Oysters are much more important to staying healthy than people realize these days.
Oysters are loaded with so many health benefits that they should be a regular part of your diet.
Oysters use to play a big part in American cuisine - about a hundred years ago. And that's when Americans seemed to have less health problems.
Easy oyster recipes can be created simply by finding a really good source of either East coast or West coast oysters.
Easy Oyster Recipes - Raw Oysters
This is the easiest and best way to eat an oyster - raw! It's not hard to shuck an oyster and practice will make perfect.
How to Shuck Oysters:
- Use a folded towel to protect your hand and to hold your clean oyster in place.
- Cup side of oyster facing down and flat side of oyster facing up - with the hinge side of oyster facing you.
- Carefully insert tip of an oyster knife into the hinge. Then lightly wedge the tip into the oyster and twist to pop the top shell open
- Then slide the sharp side of knife across the top shell of oyster to dislodge the abductor muscle - then throw away top shell.
away any debris inside oyster and then disconnect the abductor muscle
connected to the bottom cup of shell with the sharp end of knife.
- Put the shucked oyster on a bed of ice and it's ready to be served.
How to Properly Eat Raw Oysters
Eating raw oysters is a forgotten art. And learning the proper way to eat an oyster will help give you confidence if you ever stumble upon an oyster bar.
Most oysters in the United States either come from the West coast or the East coast.
coast oysters will look smoother and rounder in appearance compared to West coast oysters that have a more sharp and rigid looking shell.
East coast oysters tend to be more briny in taste with more
And West coast oysters tend to be less salty and have more sweet
However, each oyster will be unique.
And an oyster's flavor
profile will depend on where the oyster came from and the conditions
in which it was grown.
Very Important! Oysters need to be grown in clean waters because they act as a filter.
Easy Oyster Recipes - Steamed Oysters
How to Steam Oysters:
- Pour water into an appropriately sized pot with a steaming basket - about 2 inches below basket.
- Bring water to a boil and then place cleaned oysters in the steaming basket.
- Put lid on pot and steam for approx. 10 minutes or until oysters open their shells.
- Remove steaming basket with oysters and enjoy!
You will still have to insert an oyster knife into the hinge of steamed oysters to fully open them. Be careful not to overcook oysters!
Steamed Oysters on a Grill:
- Since oysters come with their own liquid, you will not have to add any liquid in order for them to steam on a grill.
- Just put the cup or belly side of oyster facing down on the grill.
put down the lid on your grill to steam the oysters for about 15 to 20 minutes
or until they open slightly.
Go to Salmon Ceviche Return to Oneness Raw Diet Recipes