How to Make Granola
and Raw Vegan Granola
Learning how to make granola is actually a very easy and fun thing to do. And when you learn a few tips on how to make granola, you'll never have to buy another bag of raw vegan granola again!
Raw vegan granola can be easily made at home with the use of the best dehydrator.
Learning how to dehydrate foods is a little bit of an art, but once you learn a few tricks - you can start to be very creative.
You don't necessarily have to use the best dehydrator to make raw vegan granola, but it will make it a much more pleasant experience.
How to Make Granola
- Soaked & Sprouted Buckwheat
- Soaked & Sprouted Sunflower Seeds
- Shredded Coconut
- Raw Coconut Nectar
- Diced Apple
- Nutmeg & Cardamom
- Sea Salt
- Vanilla & Almond Extract
Mix all ingredients together.
Put on a meshed tray and dehydrate at 145 degrees F for 1 hour. Then turn down to 115 degrees F and dehydrate until crispy or overnight.
There are a number of other
vegan milks that you can use with your raw vegan granola.
The Best Dehydrator
So far, the Excalibur is the best dehydrator that I've used. Of course, the best dehydrator is the one you actually use.
And when you learn how to dehydrate properly you can be very creative with your raw vegan granola and use your favorite raw nuts, raw seeds, raw fruits, raw sweeteners, and sprouted buckwheat.
Eventually, you'll learn how to make granola the best way possible for your taste buds and nutritional needs.
Raw Vegan Granola Recipe
- 1 cup of Raw Nuts (soaked for 7 hours minimum)
- 1 cup of Buckwheat (soaked for 8 hours or sprouted)
- 1 cup of Pitted Dates (soaked in 3/4 cup of freshly squeezed Orange/Tangerine Juice)
- 1/4 cup of Shredded Coconut
- Zest to taste
- 1 tsp. of Vanilla Extract
- Optional: Spices
- Drain water from nuts and buckwheat.
- Rinse nuts once and buckwheat a
few times until water runs clear (you can then sprout the buckwheat if
you so desire).
- Puree dates with juice and add vanilla, zest, and spices.
- Put mixture in a big bowl and add buckwheat, shredded coconut, and nuts (chop or pulse nuts lightly in a blender).
- Mix by hand until well blended and put on a lined dehydrator tray.
- Spread to desired thickness.
- Dehydrate at 145 degrees F for 1 hour and then lower to 110 degrees F.
- Dehydrate until desired crunchiness is achieved.
Go to Flax Seed Recipes
Return to Raw Vegan Diet
Return to Healthy Foods