Buy me a Cup of Aloha
Breakfast Raw Smoothie Recipes
Looking for new and tasty raw smoothie recipes to have for breakfast or for a nourishing late afternoon snack?
Raw smoothies are usually made by combining some sort of fruit with other nutritious ingredients.
Bananas seem to be one of the most popular choices when it comes to making raw smoothie recipes.
And it's probably because bananas give smoothies a creamy texture, they are easy to find, and they are also very economical.
However, there is another fruit that can give your breakfast smoothies that creamy texture without all of the carbs - the avocado.
Replacing bananas with berries will also create lower carb smoothies.
Berry Banana Breakfast Raw Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Ripe Organic Banana
- 1/2 to 1 cup of Mixed Organic Berries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 Heaping tsp. of Organic Raw Honey
- Optional: 1 Tbsp. of Organic Raw Fermented Cacao Powder
- A Few Organic Sprouted Raw Nuts
- Ice Cubes
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of Raw Organic Almond Milk
- Or Raw 100% Grass Fed Cream
- Spring Water to Thin
- Blend your ingredients together in a high speed blender until all lumps are gone.
Frozen berries are considered raw, but you should use fresh organic berries when they are in season.
Berry Breakfast Raw Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup of Crushed Ice
- 1/2 cup of 100% Grass Fed Greek Yogurt
- Or Raw Organic Coconut Yogurt
- 1/2 cup of Organic Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 cup of Organic Fresh Raspberries
- 1/4 cup of Organic Fresh Blackberries
- 1 Tbsp. of Organic Flax Seeds
- Raw Organic Honey to Taste
- Extra Spring or Filtered Water to Thin
- Blend all of your ingredients together in a high speed blender until desired consistency.
If you are using frozen berries, you can omit the crushed ice. Just add in more room temperature water to thin your smoothie.
Avocado Raw Smoothie Recipes
- 1/2 of a Ripe Organic Avocado
- 1/2 cup Organic Canned or Raw Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Sweetener
- Or 1 Tbsp. of Organic Raw Honey with a little liquid Stevia
- 1 cup Ice
- Blend your organic ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- 1/2 of a Ripe Organic Avocado
- 1/2 cup of Raw 100% Grass Fed Whole Milk
- Condensed Milk & Sugar
- 1 cup of Ice
I would replace the condensed milk and the sugar with 2 Tbsp. of raw grass fed cream and 1 Tbsp. of organic raw honey.
How to Make Raw Almond Milk
- with Skinless Almonds
- 3 cups of Raw Organic Almonds
- Optional: Sea Salt & Raw Organic Sweetener
- Cover raw almonds with filtered water and soak them overnight (12 hours is better).
- Then in the morning drain almonds and put them on a clean kitchen towel.
- Roll the towel with the almonds inside and roll towel with a back and forth motion - to loosen up the almond skins.
- Unroll the towel and pick out the nuts (without their skin) and continue until all almonds have lost their dark skin.
- Transfer nuts to a blender and add some filtered water (a good ratio is 1 cup of almonds to 3 cups of water).
- You can also add in a little sea salt and raw sweetener.
- Then blend nuts and water to create almond milk.
- Strain your almond milk using a cheesecloth, a fine sieve, or put nut milk through a juicer to remove the pulp.
I love that she shows you how to remove the dark skins from the soaked almonds.
This way you can make a really white and creamy almond milk for your raw smoothie recipes.
And without a lot of the anti-nutrients found in the skin like phytic acid.
Nuts like almonds have a high amount of anti-nutrients which include enzyme inhibitors and oxalic acid.
Some of these can be lessened by soaking almonds in water for several hours.
Also, make sure your almonds are truly raw - a lot of almonds are required by "California" to be pasteurized these days.
Go to High Protein Smoothies
Return to Oneness Raw Diet Recipes