Salmon Tartare Recipe
For a Romantic Night
Make a salmon tartare recipe for an exquisite and romantic dinner for that special someone!
Tartare is a dish that you typically make with finely chopped raw meat, but a salmon tartare recipe can be just as rewarding.
There are so many beautiful preparations that you can learn to make that will wow your loved one.
And wild caught salmon comes with so many health benefits, that you will feel much better too.
Romantic Salmon Tartare Recipes
- 1 Fillet of Wild Caught King Salmon (deboned & finely chopped)
- Use Sashimi or Sushi Grade Salmon
- 2 Tbsp. Cold-Pressed Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Red Wine Organic Vinegar or Other Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Homemade Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. Fresh Organic Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Raw Organic Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Organic Capers (rinsed)
- Big Handful Fresh Organic Basil (finely chopped)
- Optional: Sea Salt & Garlic Powder
- Organic Guacamole or Avocado Mousse
- Garnish: Sprig of Fresh Basil
- Stick the salmon in the freezer for 15 minutes or so to make it easier to finely chop.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl. Finely chop the salmon and add to the sauce - give it a good mix.
- Add tartare to a mold and top with guacamole. Let set for at least 1/2 hour in refrigerator. Then remove from mold and garnish with a sprig of basil. Serve with crackers.
Fancy Salmon Tartare Recipe
- Sushi Grade Wild Caught Salmon (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Organic Red Onions
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Capers (rinsed)
- 1 tsp. Chopped Organic Garlic
- 1 tsp. Organic Curry Powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. of Chopped Organic Parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. of Chopped Organic Dill
- 2 tsp. Homemade Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Cold-Pressed Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. of Organic Lemon Juice
- Optional: Sea Salt & Pepper
- Sweet & Sour Carmelized Onions
- Sprig of Dill
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Paprika Oil
- Add the finely chopped salmon into a glass bowl. Add in the other ingredients and mix well. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Plate the tartare using a square mold. Fill the mold in the center of a plate and press tartare firmly down.
- Hold the tartare down with your spoon while lifting up the mold. Then garnish with carmelized onions and a sprig of dill.
- Garnish plate with slices of cherry tomatoes and a few drops of paprika oil in between tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Be Careful of Farmed Salmon!
Most places will carry some type of salmon to purchase, but sadly
it's usually farmed salmon.
Farmed salmon is quite a step down.
not have the same taste or health benefits of wild caught salmon for
your salmon tartare recipes.
You can usually tell by the color if it is wild or farmed. Wild
caught salmon usually has a more vibrant orange color than farmed salmon
(this fish also tends to be dyed).
BTW, Atlantic salmon is almost
always farmed these days.
Beautiful Salmon Tartare Recipe
- 1 Fillet Sushi Grade Wild Caught Salmon (rough chopped)
- 1/2 Spring Onion or Green Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Freshly Grated Horseradish
- Dash of 100% Grass Fed Raw Cream
- Squeeze of Organic Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Organic Pureed Lemon
- 1 Poached Gull's Egg or Quail's Egg
- Dollop Caviar or Fish Roe
- Gold Leaf
I have no idea how to make pureed lemon, but lemon curd could be another option for this salmon tartare recipe.
- Add ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine. Adjust the salmon tartare recipe as needed.
- Fill a cocktail glass with crushed ice and add the lemon puree. Then add large spoonfuls of tartare.
- Put the poached egg on top of the tartare and add the caviar on top of the egg. Then add flecks of gold leaf. Serve immediately!
Health Benefits of Wild Caught Salmon
A 4 oz serving of wild salmon can give you your recommended
daily allowance of Vitamin D (very few foods can claim this).
Along with a healthy dose of omega-3
fatty acids and tryptophan which is an amino acid related to serotonin
production in your brain.
Serotonin is a chemical in your brain that helps to maintain that "Happy Feeling".
This serving size will get you close to your daily
recommended dosage of the mineral selenium and vitamin B12.
Many Health Benefits...
- High Quality Protein
- High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- High in Vitamin D
- High in Selenium
- Good Source of Vitamin A
- Good Source of Vitamins B12, B6, and B3
- A Good Source of Zinc, Phosphorus, Calcium, Iron, and Magnesium
- Vitamin C & E found in Some Salmon
Go to Olive Tapenade Recipes
Return to Oneness Raw Diet Recipes